and HELLO 2018…
I don’t even know where to begin, what a year! New Year’s Eve is here, and I’m so excited for 2018. After a manic 12 months, I’m ready to put 2017 behind and welcome the new year with open arms, ready for more exciting adventures and memories. I’ve had some pretty awesome milestones this year, and I guess this short but sweet post is going to highlight a few of them.
I was originally going to do a resolutions themed piece for my final post of 2017, but I then started to think back some of the opportunities and experiences I’ve had. Blogging allows me to work with incredible brands, discover insane products and attend some pretty awesome events – I couldn’t be more grateful. This platform on the internet has allowed me to meet like-minded people, some of which are now really good friends, but also inspiring professionals from brands, agencies and networks who have helped me create content I’m so proud of. So, without further ado, here are some of my favourite highlights in my blogging career that have happened over the past year!
Top 5 Blog Posts
1. To kick-start my favourite blog posts of 2017, I would have to include my post about the incredible tailoring experience I had at Psyche Fashion. This was a whole new experience for me, and I felt like an absolute King when the tailoring guys dressed me in an incredible blue suit! Check the post out here.
2. When I think about which post was the most fun to shoot, BoohooMAN comes to mind straight away! Me and my friend Callum took the camera to Hardwick Hall, a stunning venue in North East England where we shot for my Wedding Season Post. I was so happy with the outcome.
3. How could I not include the time Tesco Direct allowed me to surprise my best friend Nathan, with a 4-course Italian meal in Harrogate. What a special evening – click here for mouth-watering food pictures.
4. Speaking of surprising friends, I also had the opportunity to surprise my friend Danielle with a “congratulations you’re having a baby” gift by Emporio Armani! See here.
5. And of course, my latest collaboration with Remus Uomo. I’ve been such a fan of this brand for years and it was an absolute honour to work alongside them.
Top 5 Press Coverage
1. That time I was featured on BBC News.
2. That time I was featured on Huffington Post.
3. That time I was featured on Attitude UK.
4. That time I was featured on MMUK MAN.
5. That time I was featured in the Edinburgh Napier Prospectus for the second year.
Shop This Post
Top 5 Events
1. I’m back at London Fashion Week Men this January, but how can I forget about this year’s LFWM back in June.
2. South West Four Festival with BluNation where I partied under the hot sun in Clapham Common.
3. The Body Shop also asked me to host an event at their North East Metro Centre Store. This was probably one of the most nerve-racking but exciting milestones in my blogging career. It was such a success and I got to meet some incredible followers over a glass of Prosecco. A huge thank you to The Body Shop for that amazing opportunity.
4. I had the opportunity to take one of my closest friends Emma to the brand new Flannels Store in my hometown Middlesbrough. It’s great to see stores like Flannels opening close to home and with bottomless Moët, the event went down a treat.
5. And this December I had the most amazing event at the Jo Malone London Townhouse with two of my good friends Joe and Sam. The decor and this year’s collection is simply stunning, and it was the perfect end to 2017.
I’m so, so proud of what this little place on the internet has allowed me to do. I’m extremely grateful for everything that’s happened this year, the collaborations, events and everything in between! It’s been a hell of a lot of hard work but I couldn’t have done it without YOU! Every post read, comment and like means so much, and I can’t wait to show you what I have planned for 2018. I also can’t wait to see where The G Edit will be this time next year, and I finally… can’t wait to take you along with me.
I wish you all a Happy New Year and the best wishes for 2018! Lots of love, Gianni x
NOTE: Some product(s)/content in this post may be sponsored or sent as a press sample, however, all opinions and views are honest and my own, only select products that I like and want to recommend are featured on this blog. *For more information, please click here.