Today I thought I’d share with you a little treat that I like to make as a simple dessert, easily enjoyed in the summer especially if you have friends round for dinner. These take no longer than 15-20 minutes and involve no cooking, simply leave them in the fridge to cool and served straight away when your ready.
So heres the recipe for my Easy Summer Lemon Tiramisu
- 2 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 400g mascarpone
- 150g icing sugar
- Sponge Fingers
- 200ml espresso coffee (strong)
- 4 shots of limoncello
- gingersnaps (crushed)
- raspberries for decoration
- icing sugar for decoration
- Firstly, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, the add together in a separate bowl the yolks and icing sugar till smooth! Add the mascarpone and limoncello then fold in the egg whites till smooth. At this point you could add some lemon zest to give a nice texture and colour to the mixture.
- Next get your little bowls or ramekins and start layering the tiramisu. Snap the biscuits into 3 and soak in the coffee placing them in a triangle at the bottom of the bowl. Layer the mascarpone mixture and repeat till you have two layers. Do this in all of the bowls and then sprinkle the crushed gingersnaps, place 3 raspberries and sprinkle icing sugar over to finish.
- Once all this has done, lick the leftovers from the bowl and spoon of course… and place the finished tiramisu’s in the fridge ready to serve for at least 1 hour.
And there you go, my quick and easy summer lemon tiramisu. Let me know how yours have turned out if you have tried them. Of course you don’t have to add limoncello. Amaretto or Cointreau taste just as good!