I know, the title couldn’t be more cliche. New year, new start… new year, new me… the phrase’s could go on forever, and when most people create these resolutions, they stick to them for around what, 3 days then give up? One of those people, is me!
I don’t think I’ve ever stuck to a new years resolution and made it last in my life! But to be honest they’ve all been relatively impossible for me.
No more chocolate.. well, I don’t think I need to explain that one, I mean who can actually stick to that, chocolate is amazing!
No more fizzy drinks… this lasted, until I ordered a vodka and lemonade at a bar the following weekend!
So this year I’ve decided to do not one, but five New Years resolutions to give myself a chance at actually sticking to one of them. Maybe I’m defeating the object here knowing I’m going to completely fail at the majority of them, but I guess it’s a kind of starting point for the year. So here we go, my 2014 New Years resolutions…
1) I know this is a very typical one… but get off my backside and go to the gym at least once a week (lets start off easy), I’ve had a gym membership for 5 years and I can say I’ve been about 30 times, shocking!
2) Stop wasting my money on takeaways! At least buy some decent food not pizza and chips.
3) Stop wasting money in general! I constantly look back at my statements and all i see is McDonalds, Nandos, Bargin Booze, Tesco: at least half of what I buy I didn’t really need.
4) Stop swearing, my language I must admit is foul, I’ve realised how annoying and unattractive it is. This needs to stop!
5) Spend more time making a life rather than just letting it pass by, I remember at the beginning of last year I was planning all these fun things such as holidays and festivals yet I never did any of them!
So here you go, my five new years resolutions. I’ve got a good guess of which one will be broken first; but I’ll give it a shot!
Happy New Year Everyone xox